My first name is Laurie (for those of you who didn't already know this). It is pronounced LAWR-ee. It is is a variant of Laura or Lori. Now I don't believe I have a very difficult name to remember. Half the time people call me Lori and I don't even twice about correcting them. Because it just isn't worth my time to correct them. But I do pronouce my name as Lawr-ee not Lori. So my point here is that the one thing that really makes my skin crawl is when people call me Laura or Lauren. I hate it. Hate...Hate...Hate!!!! That is not my freaking name and it will never will be.
So now, please explain to me why folks I work with (and have for a while I may add), that are on my daily calls and recieve mulitple e-mails a week from me still fuck up my name? Huh...Huh????
The thing that is most annoying is I've already corrected them verbally and in e-mail. For the Love of God get it right already!! My name is not that hard. Is it to much to ask that you do me this one favor and get my name right. Come on! It is L-A-U-R-I-E not L-A-U-R-A!!!!!
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you should change your name to Cindi.
Post a Comment