Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Biggest Loser

I’m not the die hard TV show watcher. I catch shows when I can but don’t make it a point to stop my life because a show I like to watch comes on. I just can't do it...Besides that’s why they created DVR’s. Anyway, a show that I like to catch once in a while is The Biggest Loser. I can relate to the folks on the show and their struggles with their weight. I only wish that I could escape from my everyday responsibilities for 3 months and come back as half the person I am today.

I don’t normally watch the show week to week. But when I do I noticed that Brittany seemed to only lose 2 pounds each week. When others were drop 5lbs or more pounds sometimes. I saw her work her butt off and do the right things, still to only lose 2 lbs a week. I didn’t understand it and I felt so bad for her. I could see her frustration and disappointment. I wondered if there was something else going on that could be hindering her weight loss.

This morning on The Today Show, Brittany was on and talked about her struggle and difficult time losing the weight. She mentioned that towards the end of her time at the Ranch, that she was diagnosed with PCOS. The PCOS was the reason why she was having such a hard time losing the weight. Her hormones were all messed up which made losing weight very difficult. She is currently being treated and will be going to see an endocrinologist.

I found it strange that I just happened to turn on the TV a few moments prior to Brittany telling the world she had PCOS. As she explained what was happening to her and how she was being treated. A felt a sense of relief come over me. I felt the reassurance that I’m not alone and that my problems are true problems and will get fixed.

After last week I was very frustrated with what was going, and lost sight that I truly do have an issue. I had heard of an Endocrinologist before but never knew exactly what they treated. By catching Brittany today, she gave me more information that could benefit me and what I’m going through. I feel like I now have other options to talk to my OB about...Options I never knew I had.

I am a true believer in signs and things happening for a reason. Thank Goodness I turned on that TV today!

No comments: