Monday, November 27, 2006

Poor Felix

I took him to the vet late Friday afternoon because he’s chewed the side of his right paw until it was raw and bleeding. Vet said he probably chewed away the scab from when we got him declawed three weeks ago. Now he’s hobbling around the house with his right leg in a soft cast. So tonight, I need to take him back to the vet to see if it healing correctly and possibly get it re-wrapped. I just don’t understand how mesh on raw skin is suppose to help and not pull the scab off when you remove the bandage. But that’s just me…Either way he’ll either get a new cast or one of those collars that will stop him from chewing at it so the air can get to. All I know it’s horrible to look at and he’s so pitiful to watch trying to walk around the house. I feel so bad for him…poor guy : (

No comments: