Friday, November 23, 2007

Took a Nap...

About 3:30 this morning I finally feel asleep. However I didn't stay a sleep for long. Greg came down stairs around 4:00 and woke me up. He couldn't sleep either! He had been up since 2. As he grabbed a snack from the fridge he says to me..."I'm wide awake, wanna go shopping?" Me being a crazy person I am said "SURE, why not!" So at 5:30 we were out our local Starbucks getting our normal jump starts to our day. Then we head over to Kohls. There wasn't that many people in the store. There wasn't hundreds of people there like I though there would be for Black Friday. It was kinda strange. Greg and I walked around and didn't see anything that we had to have. The only thing I bought was 4 picture frames for our Christmas gifts that we're giving to his parents this year. Wooohooo!!!!!

From Kohls we got gas and headed to Dover to the mall. We walked around Sears and didn't even make it into the mall. We walked out about 15 minutes later! It was crazy. So I headed to the local craft stores in search of my big buy for the day. As I came out of the two stores empty handed, I started to second guess myself on why the hell I was even out. The third store was the charm for me. I found what I was looking for and think I got a pretty good deal too!

As for more shopping today???? I don't think so. In fact on our way home, Greg and I were talking about what we wanted to do this year for Christmas. We usually go WAY overboard for everyone at Christmas. But this year, we just don't feel like there is a need to spend a lot of money. So we are talking about taking the money that we would spend on Christmas and put it to our vacation in April that we would like to go on and get each other a few small things. Who knows...it's early we could change our minds, but we just don't need anything. If we need it...we buy it. I guess as you get older, your prioritizes change. I can't wait until I have a little one of my own and spend all my time and energy on making Christmas special for them. This year, all we really want to do is spend our time with family and friends and enjoy the holidays.

No comments: