Wednesday, November 21, 2007

11 years Today

11 years ago we said good-bye.
11 years ago you learned how to fly.
11 years ago everyone cried.

It's hard to believe that it has been 11 years since my brothers passing. I visited his grave today and I cried. I cried more today then I think I ever have before. I cried because I could tell I had been the only one to visit him in a while. The grass was starting to cover his stone. So I started to pull the grass away and I apologized. I apologized to Jamie that I didn't have all the tools that Dad usually would bring with him to clean up his area. But I would do the best I could to clean it up... and I cried. Jamie would probably kick my ass for crying the way that I did. I just couldn't help it.

I remember this day 11 years ago so vividly. I recall all the things that happened and even some of the conversations I had with people as if it happened yesterday.

Jamie passed away on November 21, 2006. Almost one week before Thanksgiving. We buried him the day before Thanksgiving that year. It's weird how the calendar works....11 years later the anniversary of his death and the day we buried him land on the same day.

As all of this may sound every sad, I hope this does not bother any of you that I share this with you.

Jamie was my older brother and I miss him dearly. Lord only knows where he and our family would be if he were still alive today. But I do know this, that I'm very glad to call him my brother and I cherish all the memories we had. I just hope that his little sister has made him proud.

No comments: