Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Something More…and my # 4

Sugarland has a song and it is titled “Something More”. Today is one of those days that I needed to hear this song more then ever. As the Chorus goes:

There's gotta be something more
Gotta be more than this
I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss
I'm gonna take my chances
Taking a chance I might
Find what I'm looking for
There's gotta be something more

I truly hate my job…I have ZERO satisfaction with what I do each day. The work I do seems pointless sometimes (ok...all the time). I’m looking for a job now that I can truly feel like I’m making a difference in and a contribution too. I want to make a difference in something besides a CEO’s bonus check.

I always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up and lately I feel like maybe that is the way I should have went. I love kids and love to watch their little eyes light up when they discover/learn something new. I wanted to be one of those teachers that the kids would remember as truly making a difference in their lives and what they learned. I should have followed my gut in high school, and stayed with being a teacher’s aid at the local school for the deaf and continued with my Sign Language. Now that was fun. Yes, I can talk with my hands…

Maybe it's not too late to make a difference somewhere and somehow. I just know there’s gotta be something more than what I doing now.

No comments: