Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HSG Test - Finally Done!

I’ll spare all the fun details of how incompetent my local hospital is. Yesterday I finally had my HSG test done. The test showed that my right tube is open and my left tube is blocked. How bad it’s blocked we’re not sure. Dr. Ostrum wants to wait for two months to see if I can get pregnant since the right tube is clear. There is a chance that the HSG test will clear the blockage. I hope so. So if by mid-April I’m not pregnant I will then go back to see my doctor and talk about the next steps. To fix the blockage I’ll have to have laparoscopic surgery done. Or depending on how things go, we could just bypass the surgery and go right to IVF.

My mind has been racing since yesterday. Thoughts good and bad. I came home and started reading online about blocked tubes, IVF, PCOS and any other topic that I could think of. I’m trying to not think or worry about it, but man it’s hard not too.

No comments: