This weekend is the Big Race weekend in Dover Downs for NASCAR. Okay, I’ll admit it, I am a fan (don’t think any less of me, please). I’ve been to a few races myself, but prefer to stay at home, and watch them go around and around. As I was driving into work this morning, I saw the parade of RV’s driving southbound on Route 1, making their way to Dover. When I mean parade, I’m not kidding…there had to be an RV or two in every 10 cars that I passed! It was crazy!
When NASCAR comes to town, traffic is usually HELL! If there is something that you need to get, and it requires you to travel southbound, you better get it before Saturday morning. Good luck to you if you need to go out Saturday and Sunday morning, before the race. Folks usually stay home and get their “Honey Do” list done that weekend. Delaware is a small state as it is, and traffic is a nightmare on a good day, but when you add the traffic of all the race fans, it’s 10 times worse.
So as I passed all of the weekend warriors heading to their perfect party spot, it hit me. All of these RV’s that I’m passing now will be heading northbound Monday morning. At that moment, I remembered how much I hated when NASCAR comes to town. The Monday morning after race weekend is pure HELL for anyone that has to drive northbound. Your commute time doubles because of all of the lovely RV’s heading back home, or up to POCONO raceway…It’s insane!!! I’m so happy race weekend only comes around twice a year.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment