I have a horrible past with having issues with unpredictable periods due to having PCOS. I could go months without having a period. At one point, I didn’t have a period for an entire year. Like I said – just horrible. One doctor put me on Provera every other month to reintroduce my period and said come back and see me in a year. So me not being completely happy with this resolution - switched doctors. Finally found a doctor who cared enough to spend time with me and talk to me about what was going on. He told me to come back and see him if I at any point I didn’t get my period. Leave it to my body to start acting normal at the time of this appointment and kick out a period, without any medication helping it. This was HUGE for me. With my husband and I trying to have a child, me getting back to normal was a blessing.
So for the past four months, by period has hit me, like clock work. Every time it hit, I was so thrilled…I know your thinking I’m sick - I mean how many women do you know are happy when the get their periods. So everything was going just fine… Except for this month...
Right now, I’m over a week late and I’m scared! Could I be pregnant - Yes, my husband and I are trying. Have I taken a pregnancy test yet – No! So why am I scared…I’m scared that I’m relapsing into PCOS HELL and I’m going to have to start taking medication again. I hate the fact that I need to take medication for something my body should be able to do naturally. I’m scared to go buy another pregnancy test for it to come out negative AGAIN!!! I’m scared because I’m feeling things that I’ve not felt before and isn’t what I consider to be a normal feeling for me.
So tonight on my way home, I will stop by the drug store and pick up another test. I’ll take it and then I’ll know… I’ll know if I’m about to go down the road of PCOS hell again or on the road to becoming a mom. I’m hoping for the road to becoming a mom…
To be continued…
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment