Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day 2008

Yes - it is finally here. I can only imagine I am not the only person happy to see the end of the political nightmare that has gone on for almost 2 years. Hoping that we have a decision this evening and there is no drama like in past elections. But this day leads me to ask a couple of questions....

Why is my polling place 2 miles away from me? When I have 3 polling places within walking distance (quarter of a mile to a half a mile away) from my home?
I found this odd when we went to breakfast this morning and then headed over to our polling place (the High School) to check out the line to see if I could vote and be done before my morning calls. The line was about 100 people deep so we decided to come back later. On our way back home we passed 3 other polling places that had very little line, if any. This got us wondering why we had to truck across town when we could go vote literally in our backyard.

What happens to all the signs?

For the candidates that lose, what do they do next?

Does President Bush start working with the President Elect on turning over the Presidents office over the next few months?

Will Sara Palin really give all her clothes to charity if she loses?

Wondering why in today's world that the color of the candidates skin is still an issue for many folks?







No comments: