I've had some time to think about what Mikey is doing with the whole military thing. I know that there is nothing any of us could do to change his mind. I knew that when I talked to him. I'm mad at him, because of the secretive way he went about this whole thing. But then again if I look at it from his eyes, this was probably the best way he could handle it. Knowing everyone would react this way.
Do I think he's ready for the military... No! Can he physically do it this... YES! Mentally....I'm not sure if he'll make it. When we talked, he had this cockiness about him. The... "It's not going to happen to me attitude", that's why I feel he's not ready. It's that type of attitude that can get you killed. I just don't want him being another war statistic we hear about in the news every night.
Like I said...I've had time to think about it...and it is what it is. He's going to do what he wants to do, it's his life. This maybe the best thing for him, and it maybe what he personally needs. But for some reason, I just can't picture the carefree, independent, beach lover and avid fisherman making it in the military. He loves this stuff too much. How can he just walk away from it all, and give up his life as he's always known it to Uncle Sam? Come on...He hates being tied down to one girlfriend for a long period of time.
Regardless of what he does, he is family and we have to support him and his decision. The military is a very honorable thing to do. I just wish Mikey would have said that to me...then maybe I could take him a little more seriously.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment