My in-laws want to take the whole family on a 4 day cruise (in March) as our Christmas gift and birthday gift for next year. We would have to pay for our plane ticket down and any excursions and our liquor bill that we know we’ll have. No big deal… we can do that. At first I was like “Hell Yea we’ll go”, but now I’m not so sure. I’ve had a few weeks to think about it now and I’m not to sure I even want to go now. They mentioned the cruise last year and nothing ever came of it, but now this year they are serious and have the whole trip picked out. It would be Greg’s parents, his 2 brothers and their girlfriends and Greg and I. We talked and decided since Abby would only be 6 months that we would leave her with my parents. Since we wouldn’t be able to do too much as far as excursions with her, plus someone would always be on Abby watch. Yes – we are thinking of ourselves and having fun at this point (I know we are bad selfish parents).
So we talked to my parents and of course they are thrilled about getting the opportunity to have her 5 days (from Monday until we got back late Friday.). So I know you’re saying …”So what the hell is the issue and go on the damn trip already.” Since I’ve had a few weeks to think about it, I’m not sure I am comfortable leaving Abby for that long of a period. Yes, she will be with my mom and dad and I know she’ll be fine. But something inside of me is telling me BUT….And not to go!
This was eating away at me for a few days and I finally broke down and told Greg about how I felt this morning on the way into work. I just feel that it’s way too early for us to leave Abby. She will be six months old and I’m not even sure how things will be at this point. I don’t feel comfortable being out of the states and not being able to get back home quickly if something happens. I know everything will be okay, it’s just the timing of this cruise just sucks right now. Maybe if this cruise was a next year and Abby was older I’d be more comfortable.
Yes this is probably the new mom jitters and I have to leave her at some point. But deep down, I don’t feel comfortable. Greg feels the same way and doesn’t really want to go to place we both have been before just for the sake of going. I know we need to tell his parents how we feel soon and before they buy the tickets. Hopefully they have not done that yet… but the key concern is…. HOW do we tell them with them getting upset or telling us to bring Abby with us. Because bringing Abby with us just opens a whole other list of issues that I don’t even want to think about at this point. Any ideas on what to do??????????
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree nwith your line of thinking...not because it is right, but because it is how you feel. See, if you go and something happens, you will NEVER EVER forgive yourself. You would not be able to live with the outcome. If you stay home what is the worst thing that will happen? You will wish you had gone -big deal. There will be other opportunities to do this - stay home.
You can always take up your parents on the babysitting and just spend a night or two away in a hotel to get some alone time.
Post a Comment