Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Updates

I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow. We went for an ultrasound last night to check on the placenta previa. Wonderful new is that it's moved up and I'm out of the monitoring phase now. That will probably be my last ultrasound appointment, unless the doctor wants to monitor the size of the baby going forward. This makes me kinda sad, that I won't have any more pictures of the baby until he/she comes out. Went on Tuesday for the Glucose test. Waiting to hear on the results of that test. Hopefully that has checked out alright.

Mom went with us last night to see her grand-baby. She didn't mover her eyes from the screen. It's was nice to have her there. We got some very cool ultrasound pictures of the baby. I'll post a few once I get them scanned in.

Here are the latest stats on Baby Kirby:

The baby weighs roughly 2 lbs 7 ounces
The measurement of the head shows the baby to be 29 weeks. The measurement of the waist shows the baby to be almost 28 weeks.

With the weight and size of the baby it's now showing my due date to be around 9/2. But we should use the date given to us early on (which is 9/12) since that is more accurate then the 9/2 date. This just means the baby is growing quickly.

All the scans that Mary took of everything else look to be normal.

So right now, here is what I think:
This baby is going to have a big head and will probably be on the 9+ pound mark! Oh my!
Depending on the size of this kid, will now depend on the type of delivery we have. I'm still hoping for a vaginal delivery.
I'll probably deliver in early September or possibly late August at this point.
I still think it's a girl.

I can't believe how quickly time is going by. Our little one will be here before you we know it.

No comments: