Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Land of the HOKIES

I have wonderful images of the Virginia Tech campus and the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Those images are from when I went on tour of the campus with my husband and his family for his orientation. Then again when I visited him a few times while he attended college there. I never heard of Blacksburg, VA or the HOKIES until I met my husband. But as the years have gone by, more and more folks have gotten to know Virginia Tech through their sports teams, mainly their Football Team. The name Michael Vick sound familiar to anyone? (Atlanta Falcons QB) : ) But I’m sure there are may people who didn’t even know about Virginia Tech until Monday’s terrible tragedy. It’s unbelievable what had happened. I’m sad... I'm sad for what has happened and the lose of so many lives.I’m sad to see the look on my husbands face, in total disbelief. He had classes in the building where the shooting occurred. My memories are minor compared to the memories of the time he spent at Tech. I ache knowing that it just kills him to see Virginia Tech all over the news. The beautiful place he called home for two years of his life, now tarnished by this unfortunate event.

No comments: